Will Auto Insurance Cover More Than Just My Vehicle?

You already know that your auto insurance policy pays to get your car back to pre-accident condition but what happens if a personal belonging, something not attached to your vehicle, gets damaged in the accident?

Call For FREE Help (702) 898-0554


Well, if you have “Comprehensive Coverage” your car itself would be covered after you pay your deductible.  “Comp” (for short) will cover things like a broken door lock, smashed windows, punctured tires, etc., those items that are part of the car.

Personal items such as a tablet, wallet, or any personal valuables are not generally covered in your auto insurance policy.  Those items would be covered in your homeowners/renters policy.  You would have a deductible to pay for first, and then you’d need to consider the consequences of a claim on your homeowners policy.

Accidents/Vandalism: Does Insurance Cover Personal Belongings?

Does Your Auto Insurance Policy Cover Vandalism?

After you pay your deductible, Comprehensive coverage should cover the damages to your vehicle if it is vandalized. You’ll want to make sure you:

  • Call the police right away to report what happened
  • Make note and take pictures of all damages to your car
  • Call the claims department or your agent to file a claim. You will need to have the list of damages, pictures, and a list of any items that were stolen.
Get a Fast & Free Online Quote
Farmers Insurance ad - Auto Insurance Agency in North Las Vegas, Nevada

Getting Help From Nevada Insurance Enrollment

Not sure what your auto insurance policy covers? Talk to your insurance agent to review your coverage options and to discuss how you and your belongings are protected in the event of an accident.

Related Articles:

Auto Insurance – Comprehensive vs. Collision: What’s the Difference?

Automobile Insurance Comprehensive Coverage

How Many Claims Before Auto Insurance Cancels Your Policy?

Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?

Read More: Auto Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada


Call us for assistance

(702) 898-0554


Serving Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and the entire state of Nevada

Three  Ways to Enroll

1).  Apply by Phone

(702) 898-0554

2).  Apply in Person

4260 W. Craig Road #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032

3).  Online Quote

Path Image - Insurance is confusing

Search This Website

Enter a search term here

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

Why Go Anywhere Else?

When you can have an experienced and caring professional guide you.
Insurance Quotes | Plans | Coverage
Nevada Insurance Enrollment small logo - Insurance Agency in Las Vegas, Nevada
Read why it’s smart to use an insurance agent

DISCLAIMER: It is important to note that the information contained herein is made general for the purpose of explanation.  You should consult your policy for exclusions or other language that may alter your policy.

Nevada Insurance Quotes

Serving Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and the entire State of Nevada

Auto | Homeowners | Health | Life | Medicare | Funeral / Cremation | Group Health | Short Term | Dental & Vision | Travel Insurance

Authorized Agent for: Nevada Health Link, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Sierra Health & Life, Health Plan of Nevada, Aetna, Prominence, Hometown Health, Ambetter/Silver Summit

Farmers Insurance – Shelly Rogers Agency in Las Vegas, Nevada