Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains Betterment

After an accident, it‘s the auto insurance company’s job to pay for any repairs that are necessary for getting your vehicle back to pre-accident condition. But what happens if a tire has pre-existing tread and is damaged during the accident? This would be considered betterment. Which is the enhanced value of real property arising from local improvements. 

For safety reasons, your auto insurance company cannot put a used tire on your car. They would, in this case, pay for a new tire to be put on your vehicle. Now your vehicle is in better condition than it was and has a higher market value than it did prior to the accident. See the problem?

Call For FREE Help (702) 898-0554

What Does The Term Betterment Mean In Auto Insurance?

Because the insurance company is paying to improve the condition of your vehicle – a service that goes beyond what the monthly insurance premium covers – you will likely be required to pay for betterment. For example, if your damaged tire had 40 percent of tread remaining, then the insurance company may only pay 40 percent of the cost of a new tire, and you would pay the remaining 60 percent. This happens whether or not you are the at-fault party in the accident. Which means that even if you’re not the one responsible for the accident, you may still be required to pay for betterment on certain parts, such as your transmission, engine block, or any other part that improves the condition or resale value of your vehicle.

Get a Fast & Free Online Quote
Farmers Insurance ad - Auto Insurance Agency in North Las Vegas, Nevada

Getting Auto Coverage With Nevada Insurance Enrollment

Want to learn more about your rights and responsibilities if you’re in an accident? At Nevada Insurance Enrollment, your auto insurance agent can help you review your policy and make sure you’re prepared for the unexpected.

Related Articles:

All About Diminished Value of a Car…AFTER an Auto Accident

I Was in an Auto Accident! What Am I Owed?

At Fault – If You Caused an Auto Accident

The Tow Truck Damaged My Vehicle After an Accident; What Do I Do?

Read More: Auto Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada

Call us for assistance

(702) 898-0554

Serving Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and the entire state of Nevada

Three  Ways to Enroll

1).  Apply by Phone

(702) 898-0554

2).  Apply in Person

4260 W. Craig Road #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032

3).  Online Quote

Path Image - Insurance is confusing

Search This Website

Enter a search term here

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

Why Go Anywhere Else?

When you can have an experienced and caring professional guide you.

Insurance Quotes | Plans | Coverage
Nevada Insurance Enrollment small logo - Insurance Agency in Las Vegas, Nevada
Read why it’s smart to use an insurance agent

DISCLAIMER: It is important to note that the information contained herein is made general for the purpose of explanation.  You should consult your policy for exclusions or other language that may alter your policy.

Nevada Insurance Quotes

Serving Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and the entire State of Nevada

Auto | Homeowners | Health | Life | Medicare | Funeral / Cremation | Group Health | Short Term | Dental & Vision | Travel Insurance

Authorized Agent for: Nevada Health Link, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Sierra Health & Life, Health Plan of Nevada, Aetna, Prominence, Hometown Health, Ambetter/Silver Summit

Farmers Insurance – Shelly Rogers Agency in Las Vegas, Nevada