Which Auto Insurance Coverage Is Right For Me?
Re-posted on 7/13/20
Determining if you can use a personal auto insurance policy or that you should get a commercial auto insurance policy can be tricky. Personal auto insurance can be enough for some businesses, especially if you use your vehicle for personal uses regularly. Sometimes you can buy a personal auto policy for business use. But if you are required to cover high liability coverage, have an unusual vehicle to insure, haul equipment, or are a taxi driver, you are going to need commercial auto insurance.
Call For FREE Help (702) 898-0554
Commercial auto insurance will cover liability like personal auto insurance, but it also covers injury to you and your employees that drive your commercial vehicles and their passengers, along with covering their medical expenses and lost wages. Your policy could also cover loading and unloading. Also, rental vehicles could be covered when your commercial vehicle is being repaired.
- If you use any vehicle for your business on a regular basis that is dedicated for business, you should have that automobile covered under commercial auto insurance.
- Any vehicle that has a commercial license plate or is licensed as a commercial vehicle needs commercial auto insurance.
- If you have employees driving your vehicles for work related tasks, you need to have commercial auto insurance for your work vehicles.
- If you have your employees use their own autos to run errands for your business, you could potentially be liable for accidents they cause because they were on the job. Ask us about employers non-owned car liability coverage.
- If you are transporting items or people for money, or working and doing services for others as an income on a regular basis, you’ll need commercial auto insurance.
- Anytime you are hauling heavy tools or equipment or towing a trailer used for your business, you should probably have commercial auto insurance.
- If your company owns the vehicle, this would be a commercial auto policy.
- If you use your personal vehicle on a regular basis for any type of business reasons, you’ll most likely need a commercial auto policy, unless you are just going and coming to work.
Some examples of occupations that need a commercial policy, and if you drive a larger and/or heavier than normal sized truck or SUV, like a:
- tow truck
- semi-tractor trailer
- dump truck
- transporting hazardous materials
- transporting (like housekeeping equipment for business)
- anything to do with cranes
- pizza delivery
- newspaper delivery
- limo driver or chauffeur etc.
Choosing Coverage From Nevada Insurance Enrollment
Call and ask a licensed auto insurance agent about a commercial auto insurance policy as it’s very important to know exactly what is covered and what is not. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that you are adequately insured when life complications arise. We work hard to find the most competitive quotes for your needs. Contact us today to begin the process of finding the best insurance plan for your family.
Read More: Auto Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada
Call us for assistance
Serving Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and the entire state of Nevada
DISCLAIMER: It is important to note that the information contained herein is made general for the purpose of explanation. You should consult your policy for exclusions or other language that may alter your policy.